This report provides an all-inclusive and accurate research study on the Global Asthma Disease Market while chiefly focusing on current and historical market scenarios. The subject matter experts and team of highly-skilled researchers have put in hours of work to collate an authentic research report on the industry. The report displays a fresh market research study that explores several significant facets related to Global Asthma Disease Market covering industry environment, segmentation analysis, and competitive landscape. The economic growth for Global Asthma Disease Market in the developing countries of Asia-Pacific seems to be quite impressive and these countries are expected to offer ample growth opportunities for the market.
Asthma disease market is rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 31.37 Billion by 2026 registering a steady CAGR of 4.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing, concerns regarding the health of patients, increasing pollution, consumption of tobacco and smoke. Few of the major competitors currently working in the global asthma disease market are, GlaxoSmithKline Plc (UK), Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (US), Mylan N.V (US), Sanofi S.A (France), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (Israel), GlaxoSmithKline Plc (UK), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, AstraZeneca, Abbott, Vectura Group plc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Germany), Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US), Merck & Co., Inc. (US), Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie Inc and few among others.
Get Sample Report + All Related Graphs & Charts @
Market Definition: Global Asthma Disease Market
Asthma disease is chronic inflammation disease characterized by narrowing the airways and production of excessive mucus which results in periodic or repeated attack of breathlessness and wheezing. The patient with asthma disease experience shortness of breath, chest pain, coughing, and others.
According to the global asthma report published in 2018, it was estimated that there were 339.00 million patients worldwide who were affected with asthma disease in the year 2016. The market growth is increased by growing asthmatic population, rising consumption of smoke, exposure to certain toxin or change in environment and introduction of novel therapies may increase the asthma disease drug market.
Global Asthma Disease Market By Classification Type (Mild intermittent asthma, Mild persistent asthma, Moderate persistent asthma and Severe persistent asthma), Duration of Action Type (Long-term asthma control medications, Quick-relief (rescue) medications, Long-acting beta agonists, Theophylline, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Inhaled, Intravenous and Others), End- users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
- Increase in prevalence rate of asthma Disease worldwide
- Exposure to certain toxin or change in environment may increase the asthma disease
- Chronic consumption of tobacco and smoke
- Prevalence of indoor as well as outdoor allergens
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving asthma disease drug market
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Lack of awareness about clinical development and novel therapies for asthma disease treatment
Segmentation: Global Asthma Disease Market
By Classification Type
- Mild intermittent asthma
- Mild persistent asthma
- Moderate persistent asthma
- Severe persistent asthma
By Duration of Action Type
- Long-term asthma control medications
- Inhaled corticosteroids
- Beclomethasone dipropionate
- Fluticasone furoate inhalation powder
- Prednisone delayed-release tablets
- Mometasone furoate and formoterol fumarate dihydrate
- Tiotropium bromide
- Leukotriene modifiers
- Long-acting beta agonists
- Quick-relief (rescue) medications
- Short Acting Beta Agonists
- Albuterol sulfate
- Allergy medications
- Allergy shots (immunotherapy)
- Omalizumab (Xolair)
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
Grab Your Report at an Impressive 30% Discount! Please click Here @
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a collaboration with Sanofi S.A. received approval from the European Commission for Dupixent (dupilumab) for the treatment of severe asthma with type 2 inflammation in adults and adolescents 12 years and older as an add-on maintenance treatment
- In October 2018, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in collaboration with Sanofi S.A. received FDA approval for Dupixent (dupilumab) for the treatment of moderate-to-severe asthma patient of aged 12 years and older given in combination with an eosinophilic phenotype or with oral corticosteroid-dependent asthma
- In February 2019, Mylan N.V received the Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) approval from the FDA for the Wixela Inhub (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol inhalation powder, USP) which is the first generic version of the GlaxoSmithKline’s Advair Diskus. This drug is used for the treatment of asthma or other chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Competitive Analysis: Global Asthma Disease Market
Global asthma disease market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of asthma disease market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global asthma disease market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)
Thanks for reading this article, you can also get individual chapter wise section or region wise report version like North America, Europe or Asia.
About Data Bridge Market Research:
An absolute way to forecast what future holds is to comprehend the trend today!
Data Bridge set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge Market Research
US: +1 888 387 2818
UK: +44 208 089 1725
Hong Kong: +852 8192 7475